Saturday, February 22, 2014

I'm BA-ACK!

Sorry about the lack of posts for the last few months. I've been dealing with depression, never ending snow storms, too many medical school exams and papers to count, and just general life.

The good news is that my depression is mostly under control, med school is going well, and I've been helping out a few vendor friends (Shoptroll and War Pony) at some shows, so the inspiration and costuming has been happening more and more.

I just got back from yesterday's Shiver Me Timbers, put on by the Brethren of the Great Lakes. A fun day of shopping and music was had by all.

The most exciting piece for me was my completed, totally brand new costume. I was a bad costumer and forgot to bring my camera, so I don't have any good photos right now, but if they happen to appear, I will post them.

In the meantime (and for your viewing pleasure), here is a little glimpse into the madness of what my costuming process looks like, from sketch to draping to actually putting it all together.

Original sketch

Pinning cutout fabric and various trims/accessories on dress form. 

The final look. Leather pieces (bodice, skirt, hip pockets) are made by Shoptroll
So there you have it! At the very least, I will be bringing back Monday Sketchbook. As things go along, I will have more updates about costumes, events, some tutorials, and all good things about the colorful side of my life.

-SheWolf

No comments:

Post a Comment