Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Fake Tattoos

A few years ago I was in a show called Talking With (by Jane Martin), which is comprised of a series of female monologues. One of the characters ends up getting a tattoo for every important person or event in her life. Since obviously we couldn't make M go out and get 20 or so tattoos, and since they were much to specific to simply use store bought ones, I ended up drawing them on her. 

All of the tattoos pictured were created using sharpie markers and rubbing alcohol. If you draw simply outlines of color and use rubbing alcohol on a Q-tip to blend, the result is pretty realistic. They also lasted almost an entire week afterwards!

Bird in flight. Copied from a google seearch image. 

Lily. My own design. 

Scythe. My own design. 

Water serpent. Copied from a google search image. 

Orchid. My own design. 

This tattoo was not mentioned in the play, but I designed tattoos for each of the other women in the show. S played "Lamps" and "The Patchwork Girl", so this is her tattoo. My own design. 

Scylla and Charybdis. My own designs. 

No comments:

Post a Comment